Document Creation Approaches
There are four approaches on how to create sales process documents.
- You can manually create a sales document as a standalone document.
For information about the manual approach to the creation of sales documents, see Create Sales Process Documents.
- You can clone sales process documents and create identical sales documents of the same document type through the use of the standard cloning functionality.
For more details on this approach, see Clone Sales Documents.
- You can create sales process documents based on the preceding sales documents using the standard copying functions in Codejig ERP.
For more details on this approach, see Copy Sales Documents.
- You can create sales process documents based on the preceding documents in the sales flow using the Document flow line.
For information about the Document flow line, see Document Flow Line.
- Price list - enables you to define prices for goods and services in price lists and monitor price fluctuations over specific periods of time. The price list makes a posting entry to the Sales pricing journal.
- Receive payment - a receive payment document finalizes your sales process and is a sign of closing a sale. Although the document belongs to the Banking module, it can be created directly from an invoice to clear its liability once a payment is received for it from a customer. The document results in postings that close the open invoice which was paid affecting the Transaction journal, the Sales journal and the Banking journal.
- Credit note - is issued by a seller to reduce the amount that a customer owes from a previously issued invoice. It is created in the event of a product return, an invoice error, damaged products, and so on. The credit note partially or completely reverses the transactions triggered by the invoice making posting entries to the journals that were originally affected by the invoice. Posting entries made by the credit note are opposite to postings induced by the invoice.
- Invoice generator - enables you to batch generate invoices for open sales orders or delivery documents.
- Invoice export - allows you to convert invoices generated in Codejig ERP into e-invoices in the XML or EDI formats that can be sent electronically to your customers via a forwarding service.
- Customers - allows you to add new customers and keep track of all your existing and top customers as well as receivables associated with them.
Update Sales Documents
Delete Sales Documents
Post and Unpost Sales Documents
Transactions Triggered by Sales Process Documents