Web page View
Web page view shows a data type object as a viewable or editable form. Web page views are created in the Web pages editor. Designing and creating web pages is the most common part of application development. This article includes the general explanation of a web view, its relation to data types, and usage in the Codejig Builder.
- Web pages view Dashboard
- Data types and web page view
- Embedded Data types and Web page view
- Adding elements to Web page view
- Text and Table views inside the Web page view
- Web page view in the application website
Web pages view Dashboard
- The list of all the created web pages.
- Create a new page alongside the data type of the same name.
- Delete a web page.
- Filter web pages by categories.
- Preview window. Click on the preview window to start editing the page in the Web pages editor.
- Toggle to the Properties window of the web page.
- Open the related data type details page.
- Change the Homepage of the website.
Data types and web page view
Multiple web pages can be created for the same data type. You can see the list of related views on the data type details page.
Adding elements to Web page view
Embedded Data types and Web page view
To add an embedded view to the working area, from the ADD NEW FIELD → Define drag and drop Regular field. In the next pop-up window, provide a Name and select the embedded type you want to import.
Text and Table views inside the Web page view
Web page view and the application website.
Let's take a detailed look at the Greenland Navy on-boarding web page available here. That is the final page, intended for the user. It has a header (title, "Save" and "Show change" log buttons) and body (text, date, and image fields and buttons).
Now, if you delete the "create" part of the URL (you will receive examples.codejig.com/en/entity2500000121828209839/), then you will see a table view of a data type, called an index page.
An index page is a page (unique per data type) where the data is shown in the table form. On the index page, you may create/delete/filter and open (if you click on the corresponding row) instances. So, the data type may have different web page views (templates) and many instances that hold the data.