Create a New Item
To create a new item
1. On the Codejig ERP Main menu, click the Inventory module, and then select Item.
A listing page of the Item directory opens.
2. On the listing page, click + Add new.
You are taken to a page for entering an item’s details.
3. Enter information about your item:
- General information: name, type (required), base unit (required), description, product code, image.
Then, provide the following information in the Details section, under the following Details tabs:
Depending on the item type chosen, the Details section may include different tabs, and the tabs, in their turn, may consist of different fields. In other words, the tabs explained below along with their content are not pertinent to all item types.
Accounting tab - configure the accounts associated with an item that are required for: 1) item management after the purchase of the item, 2) accounting for the cost of the item and income generated during the sales process, 3) other specific operations, such as depreciation of fixed assets, etc.When you create new items, accounts under the Accounting tab are auto-completed being retrieved from the My company settings. But, it is recommended to revise default accounts and change them to accounts that are more appropriate for a specific item. Specified accounts become item’s default accounts and will be used in documents and all item-related transactions.
- VAT tab - if reduced VAT rates are applicable to this item, select a specific reduced VAT rate for it.
- Inventory management tab - if you want to automatically maintain optimal stock levels for the item, specify a warehouse or warehouses where the item is to be stored, indicate the minimum and required inventory levels for the item, select a default vendor from whom the replenishment quantity of the item is to be ordered if the in stock amount of the item drops below the specified minimum inventory level.
- Codes tab - add item codes, such as EAN 13, QR Code.
4. Click Save.
It is not obligatory to provide all information under the Details tabs immediately after creating a new item. You can fill in some details later on in the course of working with the system. You provide information under the Details tabs to simplify and automate the creation of documents.
The page of item records consists of the following sections:
- General area
- Details section
- Details tabs
- Accounting tab
- VAT tab
- Codes tab (is not displayed for items of the Services type)
- Inventory management tab (is displayed only for items of the Inventory type)
- Reports tabs
- List of transaction tab
- Fixed asset tab (is displayed only for items of the Fixed asset type)
- Stock tab
- Prices tab
- Charts tab
- Details tabs
Item: Details Section