You can delete an item unless
- It is referred to by other documents or records.
Documents and directories that refer to items are the following: sales, purchase, inventory, fixed asset documents and directories, VAT documents, the Opening balance document and the Manual transaction.
If you try to delete an item being referred to by other documents or records, you will get an error message.
If you still want to delete such item, you have to delete all documents and records that refer to it. Then you can try to delete this item once again.
To delete an item
1. Under the Inventory tab, click Item.
2. On the Item listing page, select a table entry summarizing an item you want to delete by selecting a checkbox next to the table entry.
3. Click the Selected button.
4. On the Selected menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
For other ways how to delete an item, see Deleting Data in Codejig ERP.
Items, which are no longer in use but cannot be deleted for any reasons, can be deactivated. Inactive items are not available for selection or use and are accessible only on the listing page of the Item directory.