You can delete data files from the system unless they are referred to by other documents or records. For example, if a certain business partner is used as a customer in an invoice, you will not be able to delete a record of this business partner from the system.
The following procedure demonstrates how to delete an invoice. All other data files are deleted the same way.
1. On the Codejig ERP Main menu, go to Sales module, then select Invoice.
Listing page of the Invoice document opens.
2. On the listing page, select a table entry summarizing the invoice you want to delete.
3. Click the Selected button.
4. On the Actions menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
The invoice is removed from the listing page of the Invoice document.
However, it is not hard-deleted from the database. In Codejig ERP, documents and records are never hard-deleted from the database. You can still display, view and copy them.
To view deleted invoices (other deleted data files can be shown similarly)
1. Navigate the Codejig ERP Main menu to access the Invoice document.
2. On the listing page of the Invoice document, click the drop-down arrow beside the document name.
3. On the Actions menu, click Show deleted.
Deleted invoices appear in the list, they are marked and displayed according to current sorting order.
To hide deleted invoices (other deleted data files can be hidden similarly)
1. On the listing page of the Invoice document, click the he drop-down arrow beside the document name.
2. On the Actions menu, click Hide deleted.
Deleting Posted Documents
You can delete documents that have already made certain postings to system journals and Transaction journal and result in accounting transactions.
Deleting a posted document will result in it being unposted and all accounting changes being reverted. Also, deleting a posted document causes batch reposting of all other documents of that type that have later posting date and time.
Batch Posting and Unposting