Post and Unpost Purchase Documents
Posting is a standard accounting function that enables you to enter accounting transactions in Transaction journal and other journals. Those accounting transactions have a direct impact on financial statements of your business.
When you post a specific purchase document it makes journal entries to journals associated with it and the Transaction journal.
To post purchase documents
- In the Purchase module, select a required purchase document. For example, Purchase order.
- Do one of the following:
- On the listing page of the sales document, click the Post (pic) button next to a purchase document you want to post.
- Open the purchase document you want to post.
- On the toolbar, click the Post (pic) button.
To view posting the document has made, click the Registers (pic) icon.
Documents that have not been posted can be treated as drafts. They can be used for storing and displaying information, but they do not affect any journals or the transaction journal.
Posted purchase documents can be unposted.
To unpost purchase documents
- On the listing page of the purchase document, select a posted document you want to unpost.
- Click the Selected button.
- On the Selected menu, click Document unpost.
- Open the posted purchase document you want to post.
- On the toolbar, click the Unpost (pic) button.
Unposting a document equals canceling it because only posted documents have an accounting or inventory impact. After unposting a document all its accounting and inventory changes are reverted. What is more, the unposting also causes batch reposting of all other documents of that type that have later posting date and time.
Also, you can post or unpost several purchase documents at a time. For more details, see Batch Posting / Unposting.
You can post and unpost purchase documents unless
- Document date is earlier than the lock date defined in the Transaction locking section.
- You do not have permission to post/unpost purchase documents.