Delete Purchase Documents
You can delete a purchase document at any time, even it has already made certain postings and accounting transactions or has been updated to other purchase documents.
Deleting a purchase document will not affect data entered in other documents created from it.
Although the purchase documents occupy fixed positions in the sequential purchase process, they are relatively independent documents, and you can delete the documents from which you have created the subsequent purchase documents without distorting the purchase process or causing any errors in the system.
The following procedure demonstrates how to delete purchase quotations. All other purchase documents are deleted the same way.
1. On the Codejig ERP Main menu, go to Purchase module, then select Purchase quotation.
Listing page of the Purchase quotation document opens.
2. On the listing page, select a table entry summarizing a quotation you want to delete.
3. Click the Selected button.
4. On the Actions menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
Deleting Posted Purchase Documents
Deleting a posted purchase document will result in it being unposted and all inventory or accounting changes being reverted.
Managing Deleted Purchase Documents
The system does not display deleted purchase documents, but they are never hard-deleted from the database. You can still display, view and duplicate it. However, you cannot update it or create other purchase documents from it.
To view deleted purchase documents
- In the Purchase module, select a required purchase document. For example, Purchase order.
- On the listing page of the Purchase document, click the drop-down arrow beside the document name.
- On the Actions menu, click Show deleted.
Deleted documents appear in the list, they are marked and displayed according to current sorting order.
To hide deleted documents
- Click the drop-down arrow beside the document name.
- On the Actions menu, click Hide deleted.
You can delete purchase documents unless
- Document date is earlier than the lock date defined in the Transaction locking section.
- You do not have permission to delete purchase documents.