Bank Account Balances Report: Default Summarizing
By default, the Bank account balances report calculates bank balances for a time span covered by the report. The report summarizes the following bank data in 8 columns:
- Initial balance of currency on the bank account or accounts in the Initial currency balance column.
- Initial balance on the bank account or accounts in the Initial currency balance column.
- Amounts received in currency for the sales operations in the Income currency amount column.
- Amounts received for the sales operations in Income amount column.
- Amounts spent on purchase operations in the Outcome currency amount column.
- Amounts spent on purchase operations in Outcome amount column.
- Amount of currency balance on the bank account or accounts in the Balance currency amount column.
- Amount of currency balance on the bank account or accounts in the Balance amount column.
The balances are worked out by summing the original/primary values (using the SUM function).
The final total amounts are presented at the grand total level. Summable values are in your system currency.
The default summarizing settings are defined in the values section of the Banking report. To define the summarizing methods, the summable fields have been added and summarizing options have been specified for them. Except for specific reports that do not provide for full customization (see Customizing Reports), you can change the summable fields and the summarizing methods for your reports. In case of Bank account balances report, you can do that.
To customize the default summarizing parameters:
- On the page for configuring report parameters, click the Customize button.
- Use the values section to view and customize the default summable fields and summarizing methods defined for them.
You can delete, rearrange, add new summable fields and specify summarizing methods for them.
For information how to customize summarizing settings, see Summarizing Report Data.
To add a summable field:
- In the values section, click the Select an option box, and then select a summable field from the list of options.
The list displays summable fields from the selected report type which you can use to summarize report data in columns. For the Banking (Bank account balance) report, you can use the fields that were used for default summarizing.
The SUM function is selected as a default summarizing method for all fields.
If it is required to change the summarizing method, you do that as follows:
- Click the calculation option box to the right of the field, and then select one of the available summarizing options from the list.
For summarizing options, see Summarizing methods/ Summary functions.