Transaction journal Report: Default Summarizing
The initial transaction journal report calculates and summarizes:
- Bookkeeping accounts that transactions belong to in Account column
- Specific instance that additionally explains the subject of the Account in Type of analytics column
- Debit and credit amounts of each account in Amount Dt and Amount Ct columns
The amounts are worked out by summing the original/primary values (using the SUM function). The summarized amounts are presented in your system currency.
The default summarizing settings are defined in the values section of the Transaction journal report. To define the summarizing methods, the summable fields have been added and summarizing options have been specified for them. Except for specific reports that do not provide for full customization (see Customizing Reports), you can change the summable fields and the summarizing methods for your reports. In case of Inventory report, you are allowed to do that.
To customize the default summarizing parameters:
- On the page for configuring report parameters, click the Customize button.
- Use the values section to view and customize the default summable fields and summarizing methods defined for them.
You can delete, rearrange, add new summable fields and specify summarizing methods for them.
For information how to customize summarizing settings, see Summarizing Report Data.
To add a summable field:
- In the values section, click the Select an option box, and then select a summable field from the list of options.
The list displays summable fields from the selected report type which you can use to summarize report data in columns.
The SUM function is selected as a default summarizing method for all fields.
In case it is necessary to change the summarizing method, you do that as follows:
- Click the calculation option box to the right of the field, and then select one of the available summarizing options from the list.
For summarizing options, see Summarizing methods/ Summary functions.