Fixed Asset Balance Report: Default Summarizing
The basic Fixed asset balance report summarizes the following data for each active fixed asset balance:
- Debit amount of opening balance in Opening balance Dt column
- Credit amount of opening balance in Opening balance Ct column
- Amount of debit turnover according to set parameters in Turnover Dt column
- Amount of credit turnover according to set parameters in Turnover Ct column
- Debit amount of closing balance in Closing balance Dt column
- Credit amount of closing balance in Closing balance Ct column
The amounts are worked out by summing the original/primary values (using the SUM function). The summarized amounts are presented in your system currency.
The default summarizing settings are defined in the values section of the Fixed asset balance report. To define the summarizing methods, the summable fields have been added and summarizing options have been specified for them. Except for specific reports that do not provide for full customization (see Customizing Reports), you can change the summable fields and the summarizing methods for your reports. In case of Fixed asset balance report, you are allowed to do that.
To customize the default summarizing parameters:
- On the page for configuring report parameters, click the Customize button.
- Use the values section to view and customize the default summable fields and summarizing methods defined for them.
You can delete, rearrange, add new summable fields and specify summarizing methods for them.
For information how to customize summarizing settings, see Summarizing Report Data.
To add a summable field:
- In the values section, click the Select an option box, and then select a summable field from the list of options.
The list displays summable fields from the selected report type which you can use to summarize report data in columns.
In case it is necessary to change the summarizing method, you do that as follows:
- Click the calculation option box to the right of the field, and then select one of the available summarizing options from the list.
For summarizing options, see Summarizing methods/ Summary functions.