Create a New Position
This procedure demonstrates how you can create a new position via the Employee directory.
1. Go to the page for creating a new employee.
2. In the General area, locate the Position field, and then open the field list by clicking an arrow next to the field.
3. On the list, click the Create new option.
A new tab opens in your browser. You are taken to a form page for defining a new position. Meanwhile, the page from which you accessed this form remains open in another tab. Information entered in it is not saved automatically.
4. On the page for entering position details, specify a position title, provide position description, indicate whether this position exists within your company or within companies of your business partners, designate this position as the one involving managerial duties.
5. Click Save.
The position is added to the system. Now it can be selected either for your employees (if you defined it as a position in your company) or for your leads/ contact persons (if the position was attributed to other companies).
To see the created position
- Return to the Employee page, and then open the list of the Position field.
If the newly created position belongs to other companies, you have to go to the Lead directory or the Contact person directory to find it on the list of available positions.
To see all positions created in Codejig ERP
- On the page for providing details of the position, click the Return arrow.
You are taken to the listing page of the Position directory that is otherwise inaccessible. All positions added to the system are displayed on the listing page and can be accessed through it.
To be able to save new positions, you have to fill in the required fields that are marked with an asterisk (*).
Position: General Area