Update Purchase Documents
After you create a purchase document, you can modify or update it at any time, even if you have already posted it or created other purchase documents based on it. You can introduce any modifications to purchase documents.
Updating the purchase document will not affect data entered in the other documents created from it. Editing fields of the base purchase document will not trigger the update of the fields in the document created with reference to it.
The following procedure exemplifies the update of previously created purchase quotations. All other purchase documents are updated similarly.
1. On the Codejig ERP Main menu, go to Purchase module, then select Purchase quotation.
Listing page of the Purchase quotation document opens.
2. On the listing page, click a table entry summarizing a quotation you want to update.
The purchase quotation opens.
3. To update the quotation, click Update.
4. Change data in fields as necessary.
5. Click Save.
Updating Posted Purchase Documents
If you update a purchase document which has made a posting affecting the Transaction journal or other journals, the purchase document and all other documents with later posting date and time will get unposted, reverting all the inventory or accounting changes made, and then they will be automatically reposted with new changes introduced.
For more information about posting and unposting documents, see Posting and Unposting Functionality.
You can edit purchase documents unless
- Document date is earlier than the lock date defined in the Transaction locking section.
- You do not have permission to update purchase documents.