If pre-created reports do not suit your business needs, you can customize them to display the information you need the way you want to view it.
However, not all reports provide for full customization. For the following reports, the summarizing method cannot be customized:
- Pricing report
- General ledger
- Transaction journal
- Trial balance
To customize a report
1. Under the Reports tab, select a specific report you want to customize.
2. On the page for configuring report parameters, click the Customize button.
As a result, several options for customizing your report appear. You can customize rows/columns settings, change values to be summarized and apply filters.
3. In the rows section, select non-numeric fields by which you want to group primary data by rows.
The order in which you add fields forms the grouping hierarchy displayed as a tree structure. Links between the rows are of the parent-child type. For example, in the Profitability report, data is first grouped by Item, then by Customer, and then by Account. In the generated report, you can expand or collapse rows at every level to show/hide sublevel details. You can also enable higher-level grouping for selected rows if possible. For instance, in the Profitability report, data is first grouped by items. However, items can in their turn be grouped according to existing item types falling under products, services and projects. To enable such grouping for a row, click the Folder icon beside the field (Folder icon turns blue). To disable the grouping, click the Folder icon again (Folder icon turns transparent again).
Whether the grouping can be applied to a specific row depends on defined details of the document represented by the row. If the higher-level grouping is unavailable for the row, its activation will not affect data representation at the level of the particular row.
4. In the columns section, you add fields by which you want to group data by column.
There are no restrictions concerning fields you can use to group data by column. For example, the Profitability, besides grouping data by Item, Customer and Account (by rows), also groups data by Year (by columns).
5. In the value section, you select summable fields by which you want to summarize data in columns according to the selected groupings (by row and/or by column) together with summarizing methods for those fields.
You can select only numeric fields as summable fields. By default, the SUM option is selected as a summarizing method for fields added in the value section. However, you can change the default calculation method by selecting the alternative option from the Summarizing methods list. To do that, click the calculation option box to the right of the field. Codejig ERP supports the following summarizing methods: AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, MIN, SUM, CUSTOM.
For example, in the Profitability report, data is summarized in the following fields: Income, Costs, Profit, Profitability. The calculation method for all of them - SUM.
Summable fields form columns and values summarized according to the selected calculation methods are displayed in those columns as summary figures.
6. In the filters section, you can set filters on data rendered in the report.
You select data you want to filter and specify a range of values to be displayed in the report.
7. Generate the report to see the customizations affecting it.
8. To save the customizations made, click Save.
Summarize Report Data
Set Filters in Reports