Debit note is a document issued by a purchaser to reduce the amount that he owes to a vendor from a previously issued purchase invoice. It is created in the event of a product return, a purchase invoice error, damaged products, and so on.
Debit note is created to reverse accounting and inventory transactions made by a purchase invoice.
To go to the Debit Note:
- On the Codejig ERP Main menu, click the Purchase module.
- Under the Purchase module, click Debit Note.
To create the debit note from the purchase invoice
- Open the purchase invoice for which you want to create the debit note.
- Click the plus icon near the name of the document.
- In the Actions Menu select Create - Credit note.
The debit note will be created and its fields will be populated from the purchase invoice fields. However, you can edit and modify values in the fields if, for example, you have made a partial return or the total amount of the returned goods differs from their original total amount.
Debit Note: General Area
Debit Note: Items Section